[duxuser] Re: transcribing questions and thoughts

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:02:35 -0400

Kim:

Start OpenBook, scan the document, use OpenBook's conversion utility to convert
the document to MS Word format, close OpenBook, open Word and open the document
in the usual way.

Using the "scan to Microsoft Word using OpenBook" while in Word, might involve
the process using a third party product used by Microsoft, which could be
introducing additional codes into the document, that might prevent DBT
importing the MS Word document to the correct level of accuracy, for
transcription to braille format.

  sincerely:

  Dave Durber