[duxuser] Re: setting page number

  • From: Marite Poulk <poulkbrailling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 06:41:30 -0800 (PST)

The process is relatively simple, once you get the hang of it:
Step 1: Go to Document--page numbering on the task bar.
Make sure the page numbering protocals are set correctly. Should read:
(Braille) Page number for even pages = none; Page number for odd pages = lower
right; (Print) Page number for even pages = upper right; Page number for odd
pages = upper right; First page number to Display = 1
Step 2: (JUST PRIOR TO THE END OF THE LAST ROMAN NUMERAL PAGE) Go to
Layout--Set Page Number: Page number for next page = 1; Page number style =
Arabic.
Step 3: (FIRST LINE OF PAGE 1) press Alt + Enter = [lea] add 1[L]. Do not put
the 1 inside the brackets around [lea]--this will not work.
Good Luck
Tom Poulk
Hadley School for the Blind
tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laroy Nolte <lrnolte@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Once again I'm having trouble setting the correct page number. The previous
page is xvii and I want the next page to be 1. The page numbers are to be only
on odd pages. I have used the code [pv1][pnta] at the beginning of the last
line of page xvii. Obviously I'm not doing something correctly. I am sure
someone can set me on the right track. Thanks, Ardell Nolte

Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.