[duxuser] Re: setting page number

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:05:15 -0000

Hi Ardell,

The [svpnpN:N:N:N] code will hopefully solve your problem.  I've laid
out the detailed explanation below, but for now, let us assume you want
page numbers only on odd pages in the top right hand corner. The
following code will do this:-

[pv1][pnta][svpnp2:0:0:0]

To explain for everyone's benefit.

[pv1] sets the page numbering to 1.

[pnta] sets the numbering to arabic, or normal, numbers

[svpnp2:0:0:0] the "2" here says to put numbers on odd pages or sides at
the upper right. The remaining 0's stop any other page numbering
appearing.

The following explanation after my signature gives you more detail.

Hope this helps,

George.

[svpnpN:N:N:N] -- Set page number placement values.

The N's are given in the order:

1st N = braille (internal) page number on odd sides,
2nd N = braille (internal) number on even sides,
3rd N = print (reference) number on odd sides,
4th N = print (reference) number on even sides.

The possible values for any N are:

0 for no place,
1 for upper left,
2 for upper right,
3 for lower left,
4 for lower right.

The default values are 4, 4, 2 and 2 respectively (corresponding to
American "textbook format").

E.g. [svpnp2:2:0:0] would establish customary literary format, with
braille page numbers at upper right and no print page numbers shown.