[duxuser] Re: selecting with JAWS again

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:40:08 -0500

Hello Terry:

Business people and companies are fond of "pulling Surprises".

A few years ago when I used to produce the JAWS quick reference
guides, from 1997 to 2000, Freedom Scientific wanted them produced on
9 inch by 9 inch paper.

Ann and I went on holiday to England just before the 2000 convention
season in June of that year.  When we got back, Freedom Scientific
suddenly decided that they wanted them produced on 8 1/2 by 11 inch
paper instead.

The only problem with that was that it was around the time that school
and college districts placed their orders for their paper for the next
educational year and we found that suppliers were either very low on
paper in stock or did not have any left for at least a month to six
weeks.

This meant that we had to run around like demented maniacs trying to
find a company who not only had the right type of paper but, who could
supply us with the quantity we needed and as soon as possible in order
that we could complete the contract.  Luckily, we eventually did find
a supplier.

I later found out that they had made the decision to change the size
of paper at least two months before informing me of the change.

Needless to say, I was not pleased to find out that piece of
information.

sincerely:

Dave durber