[duxuser] Re: question about symbols not recognized by search and replace or find

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 09:29:20 +0000

Hi Anne,

Did you have View: Codes on (Alt + F3) in DBT when you were looking for this in
the file in DBT BEFORE it was translated?

If you did, then the important thing is to enter the Code correctly, as a Code,
into the "Text to find:" field.

Let us suppose the Code you wish to replace is [q~d]

With your Cursor in the "Text to find:" field, hold down the left Alt key and
press left square bracket.

(I only say "left Alt key for the benefit of many international users whose
right Alt key does a different function)

This should bring up a pair of square brackets with your cursor sitting between
them.

Now type q~d or whatever you have in the Code you are looking for. Do NOT type
the brackets.

Make sure you press right arrow to move your cursor to the end of that line,
and fully outside the Code.

Move to the "Replace with:" field, and enter whatever you wish to replace with.

Press OK.

George.