[duxuser] Re: importing html documents in to dux bury

  • From: Patrick Burke <burke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:42:44 -0700

Hi John,

It's so hard to tell ...

It's possible that the file just contains weird graphics & things.

It's possible that Duxbury's importer can't handle this particular file.

If the web page reads alright in Jaws, you could try highlighting & copying the text from the web page. Then paste it either into a text file or direct into Duxbury. You will probably have to delete some extra stuff (unless you want navigation menus etc included in the braille). You will probably also have to redo the formatting.

This is known as the quick-&-dirty method. Not always useful, but if the HTML import isn't working out, maybe it's worth a try.

Patrick

At 10:50 AM 7/9/2003, ers wrote:

Hi when I imported the html file in to dux bury, my screen reader kept on reading strange characters. It was supposed to read the text. What should I do to fix this? And, how should I go about fixing this behavior?
Sincerely,
John Sanders

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *