[duxuser] Re: codes

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:06:56 -0500

Hi Fina,

If possible, reload the original document. It sounds like you may have typed something incorrect into the Replace dialog. Then, try the following:

After turning Reveal Codes on (Alt-F3), get into the Replace dialog and press Control-left bracket. Your cursor will be positioned on the ending code symbol, which means you can then type the code and its parameters. Don't try to type the brackets as they are already there. The starting code and parameter for the CompDisplay style is:
"es~compdisplay."
without the quotes. The end code and parameters (again without the quotes) are:
"ee~compdisplay."

Once you get the codes entered correctly, the Find/Replace operation will work correctly.

Steve
On Friday 12/20/02 16:43 Fina wrote:
Hello again listers:

Here I am, with yet another puzzle to solve!

I did a search and replace for the compdisplay code. It said it found them all and yet, when i turn codes on, it's still there. When i try to search and replace again to get rid of it, it says it can't find it.

To locate these codes; the beginning and ending codes, i opened the codes list with the opening of the left brace after pressing f6; types in the open codes sign, typed in es~escompdisplay., tabbed over to replace, replaced with nothing; went to "okay"; it asked me to confirm replacement so I did with "replace all" and it supposedly did it. I followed these same steps to replace the ending code but of course, typed in the es~eecompdisplay." code. After doing all this, why amI still seeing these codes still in there?

Thanks again

fina curreye

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *