[duxuser] Re: code problem

  • From: "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:41:43 -0500

Hi Barb,

I'm usually asking the questions instead of answering but here's my
observations for any help they'll give.

First:  it can be a real nuisance to get the Duxbury file like you want it
after the file has been in Word, esp. if the Word file doesn't include good
styles and so forth.  Sometimes I have lines that aren't skipped either.
Sometimes I can fix the problem easily by replacing certain codes, and
sometimes I have to just check lines and skip the lines where needed.  I
wish you luck.  I work in Duxbury mostly, though, once I have the Word file
on my computer.

Second, about replacing the codes.  I hope I'm right here.  When you replace
the codes, you only want to indicate replacement of the actual codes, not
the text.  So you'd do the F6 to search/replace, the the F5 to indicate
which code you want to replace, and then if you want to put a code in to
replace, you'd hve to do F5 again and indicate the code you want to take the
place of the wrong code.  Then you'd do search and replace for specific text
to replace.

That's just my opinion and I _could be wrong, esp. on the last part.

And personally, I like working in Duxbury much better than working in Word.

Deb B.