[duxuser] Re: by the page or by the hour

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:46:53 -0000

We generally work on a flat rate per hour for transcription,
a flat rate per page embossed, and set charges for binding,
shipping, etc..

When we explain this to potential clients, it gives us a
very good opportunity to talk to them about how documents
can be prepared such that it saves us time, and them money.
We usually then ask them for a sample document, which can be
quite revealing.

The cruncher is usually when you give them the price for all
but the transcription cost, and then an estimate of what
will be added for that.

George.

   _____

Date: 20/01/2007 22:31