[duxuser] Re: by the page or by the hour

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:42:44 -1000

Aloha listers,
It has been my experience that charging for such things as cleaning up really bad documents or charging rush fees for really tight turnaround deadlines, does not help. They are happy to pay whatever it takes to get what they need when they need it, delivered in any way to where they need it to be.
Betsy
At 10:02 AM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
Is it possible to help educate the customer through a bit of itemized billing?

For example:
An itemized bill that charges for a line item such as
"Cleaning up non-standard MS Word file "  12 hours = lots of money?
The wording may be clumsy but it would give the customer an automatic education. Or hopefully encourage them to ask, "So what were the problems with my Word file?"

I am not sure if this is at all feasible in the "real world"?

Cheers,
Neal