[duxuser] Re: brand names of keyboards

  • From: "Dan Geminder and Suzan Muncer" <geminder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:57:23 -0600

When we were shopping for a keyboard for 6-key entry, we found generally
that cheaper is better. I'm sure there are others, but I can say for sure
that the Belkin keyboards work for braille. The older IBM keyboards do too,
but I don't know about the newest ones.

Microsoft keyboards do NOT, and their tech people say it's by design.

In any case, most larger stores will allow you to return purchases, so buy
one that feels good, keep the packaging in pristine condition, and give it a
test drive.

Dan