[duxuser] brand names of keyboards

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <LHALL10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxbury user list" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:32:40 -0600

Hi everyone,

I am seriously considering moving from Windows 98 Second Edition to Windows
XP Home Edition with a much faster processor and a much larger hard drive.
It is my understanding that newer keyboards do not have 6 key rollover
capabilities giving us no option to enter Grade 2 Braille on complicated
documents that do not translate well with Duxbury.  I found a list of
keyboards recommended as of May 2003 and are wanting to check of any updates
have been made to that file.  I am seriously considering either a Dell
computer or an HP computer.  Most computers have 1 parallel port and 1
serial port.  More computers are now equipped with USB ports. I also have an
HP 3P scanner since 1998 and a DoubleTalk speech synthesizer internal
synthesizer since 1998.  Any recommendations? I still have my Braille Lite
40 (older generation) notetaker/braille display which have 2 serial ports
that are round and a parallel port.  I also still have the VersaPoint 20
Braille embosser that is 17 years old. How about a technology museum for the
blind anyone?

---------

"It's not over until I win!!!"
-- Les Brown