[duxuser] Using Scientific Notebook with DBT 10.4

  • From: "Kathy Norwood" <kanorwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:40:17 -0500

Hi to all the listees,
First let me say that I am just learning to use the software program
Scientific notebook and I have been trying to teach myself the features.  I
am sighted and I work with VI students in Texas and have been told that this
program is very useful in producing Math and Science worksheets in braille
in a quick and fairly correct manner.

I have been able to get through most of the program with relative ease but
am stuck on 2-D  and 3-D graphing.

 I guess I was under the impression that after plotting a 2 D graph in SN,
saving it and then opening it up in DBT I would have these wonderful graphs
done for me.  Am I doing something wrong?  I must also say that I do not
have a way of producing graphs right now by means of a TIE machine or
another method.  I work out of my house as a contract teacher.  Maybe I am
missing the point and just need someone to get me on the right path.
Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Kathy Norwood
Providing Services for Students