[duxuser] Re: Using Scientific Notebook with DBT 10.4

  • From: "Lisa Yayla" <lisa.yayla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:01:37 +0200

Dear Kathy,
That is very interesting about Scientific Notebook.  I have a question,
when
making a graph in SN can it be saved as a Braille graphic file?  Or is it
such that any file from Scientific Notebook can be opened in Duxburry?
Or does SN just make jpegs or gifs when making graphs? Duxburry opens
Braille graphics files
i.e.  sig, brg.  So perhaps that's the reason.
Lisa

duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx skriver:
>Hi to all the listees,
>First let me say that I am just learning to use the software program
>Scientific notebook and I have been trying to teach myself the features.
>am sighted and I work with VI students in Texas and have been told that
>this
>program is very useful in producing Math and Science worksheets in braille
>in a quick and fairly correct manner.
>
>I have been able to get through most of the program with relative ease but
>am stuck on 2-D  and 3-D graphing.
>
> I guess I was under the impression that after plotting a 2 D graph in SN,
>saving it and then opening it up in DBT I would have these wonderful
>graphs
>done for me.  Am I doing something wrong?  I must also say that I do not
>have a way of producing graphs right now by means of a TIE machine or
>another method.  I work out of my house as a contract teacher.  Maybe I am
>missing the point and just need someone to get me on the right path.
>Appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks
>
>Kathy Norwood
>Providing Services for Students