[duxuser] Re: Please help!

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:31:56 -0400

MessageRosie,

With both .XLS and .PDF files, there's no direct way to import them into DBT.
In the case of the spreadsheet, I'd import it into Word and save it as a Word
document, which you can then import into DBT.  While you've got it in Word, you
may want to consider converting the document from tables to text so you can
reformat the information for better presentation in braille.

With the .PDF file, you have two options:  Either cut and paste it into a Word
document and import as above, or save it as a text file and open it directly in
DBTW.  In either case, you'll lose some formatting, so be sure to check
carefully to see what has happened.

Steve