[duxuser] Re: Please help!

  • From: "Dawes, Stephen" <Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:23:03 -0600

George, and all,

There is another pdf conversion option. Quality scanning software can read the
pdf file directly and then perform an OCR on the scanned-in document. I have
Omnipage Pro and it has this feature. This is how I have been able to get
around the scanned document to pdf approach. A second nice thing about this
approach is you can save the OCR output in the format of your choice, such as
word or word perfect.

Stephen Dawes <B.A., B.Sc.>
Management Systems Analyst
Information Technology #8480 | Phone: (403) 268-5527
The City of Calgary | Fax: (403) 268-6423
PO Box 2100 Postal Station M. | Email:
Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Stephen.Dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada. T2P 2M5 | Web:
http://www.calgary.ca<http://www.calgary.ca/>