[duxuser] Re: Generating a table of contents

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:42:59 -0400

Paul,

There's definitely no way to get braille page numbers into a table of contents generated by Word, and as far as I know, there's no automated way to get print page numbers to appear in a braille table of contents generated by DBT. In fact, DBT doesn't generate the table of contents until you translate the file into braille. I would import the document into DBT without the table of contents and let DBT generate one with braille page numbers. Then, I would let Word generate its own table of contents for the print document and manually insert the print page numbers into the braille TOC. This is tedious at best, and I'm not sure how relevant the print page numbers are because they will change if someone resizes the Word document. If you include print page numbers in the braille TOC, you'll have to use the group indicator codes [;] and [:] so that both page numbers will be treated as a single word. Let me know if you get stuck, and I'll be glad to help you out.

Steve

On Sunday 10/19/03 00:55 Paul Hunt wrote:

Hello everyone. I am creating a word document and I want to generate a print
table of contents in Word for my sighted users.

I also want to generate a Braille table of contents with both Braille and
print page numbers.

Do I import the document into Duxbury before generating the table of
contents in Word and use the duxbury features and then go back and generate
my table of contents in Word? I think if I generate the contents in Word
first, it will import into duxbury without Braille page numbers. Are my
assumptions correct?

Thanks so much.

paul

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *