[duxuser] Re: Generating a table of contents

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:32:25 -0500

Hello Ann:

You can only use the "table of contents" generater once you have
transcribed the file to braille.  In other words, it will only work
when you have performed the transcription function and DBT has
performed that function and it has generated the braille file.  The
cursor is placed at the equivalent character location in the braille
file as in the print file.  You must then move the cursor to the
location in the braille file where you want the table of contents to
appear.  Note:  the cursor must not be inside a "block" style such as
heading or paragraph styles when generating a table of contents.  If
the cursor is inside a block style when you tell DBT to generate the
table of contents, DBT will tell you that the cursor is inside a block
style and it is going to move the cursor outside that style.  So, it
is very important to make sure that the cursor is actually in the
place where you want the table of contents to appear in the finished
file.

So, obviously, therefore, the "table of contents" generater will not
work if you have just imported a word file into DBT's print editor.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber