[duxuser] Re: FW: embedding brl dots in e-mails

  • From: "Blackburn, Alan" <Alan.Blackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:03:41 +1100

Steve,
My original query was not to put the whole document in Braille. I
thought it would be a handy thing to use the dots, for example, in
discussions about code rules, and would be simpler/quicker for sighted
listers to decipher as the blind ones are reading in Braille anyhoo. I
also didn't realize the problems with screenreading software were so
large, although I did suspect as much. The string has sort of deviated
from my original question. To introduce another deviation; I remember
George saying that DBT 10.5 was going to be XML compatible. Would there
be an XML solution? Although this still wouldn't clear up the
screenreader quandry or fonts issue I guess (unless fonts are included
in schema's?). How many blind listers would be using speech alone?
Wouldn't most also have a tactile display.
Alan.