[duxuser] Re: Duxbury for Apple

  • From: "Barry Adamaon Main Account" <barry.adamson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:58:37 -0400

It nice to see the friendly banter back and forth about having braille
translation software on the Apple/Macintosh platform. Most solutions
required using an windows emulator which means the software was still
windows but adjusted to run, and sometimes not so well, on a different
operating system.

A true software program written to run on an Apple/Macintosh platform
without any assistance while possible would probably be cost prohibited.
Most of the braille software we enjoy today is based on programs written
and/or designed back in the 70's. So for forty plus years it been a
Microsoft world with only an occasional bone tossed to the Apple/Macintosh
community.

Granted there is a much greater Apple/Macintosh population today than ever
before but consider the cost. How much would it cost a to design, develop,
test, debug, and market the software.

And finally how many would buy. How many would be needed for the company to
break even.

Do not let this stop or even hinder the talk about new software there
obviously a desire just maybe not a need.

But who knows time will tell.