[duxuser] Re: Duxbury for Apple

  • From: "Matthew Chao" <Matthew.Chao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:00:12 -0400

Hi, Nadine!  As far as I know, there's no DBT for the Mac at this time.  I have
a MacBook Pro, and am running Windows XP Professional as a virtual machine.
You can do this and have DBT, but it costs a lot more, between the screenreader
for Windows, (Windows 7 now) the Windows OS, Fusion (the virtualization
software), etc.  Would be better if they had DBT for the Mac so you wouldn't
have to do all that.  Hope this helps.--Matthew Chao

>>> "Nadine Riches" <nadine.riches@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/13/2010 9:38 PM >>>

Hi all,

Given the growing popularity of Apple products, I'm wondering if there's a
version of Duxbury that will run on them, or if not, will there be? I'm
nearly due for a new computer and I want to go with an Apple one, accessible
out of the box (yippee!) but can't if Duxbury won't run on it. If there is,
or will be, a version of Duxbury for Apple, will the files be able to be
used by those with Windows computers?

Please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks all,
Nadine

**NOTICE:**

This email transmission (including any attachments) is intended only for the
use of the person to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under law.  If you
are not the named addressee or the person authorized to deliver this email
transmission (including any attachments) to the named addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this email
transmission and any attachments, or the taking of any action based upon them,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email transmission and any
attachments in error, please notify the DOC Help Desk at (508) 850-7700 (Option
#2) of the error and destroy the e-mail(s) immediately.