[duxuser] Re: Best embosser for

  • From: "Lisa Yayla" <lisa.yayla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:54:50 +0200

Hi,

 I have used VersaPoint, Juliet and Index. Pretty pleased with all three
of them.
With the Index you can put in paper individually so gives the option to
print in black text first then emboss out after. I think one can send
individual
paper with Juliet, but not sure. I have heard that Index is coming with a
new
WinBraille version that uses Windows for the graphics. Do you know anything
about that George?

With the above embossers one uses QikTac for drawings. I think
it is a nice little program. The user interface, I think is good. Easy to
learn.

 Not meaning to differ, but I believe the secret to producing
good graphics lies in the person behind the software.

I hope it goes better with your Tiger. I wish I had one!

Best regards,
Lisa

duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx skriver:
>Hi Keith,
>
>Let me say right up front that my own company (Techno-Vision Systems
>Ltd) are Index distributors here in the U.K., so you should regard me as
>rather biased.  However, I like to think that we just know the products
>we sell.
>
>Index embossers can handle graphics and at various different pitches.
>The pitch being the distance between the centre of each dot when in
>graphics mode.
>
>However, the secret of producing good graphics lies in the software you
>use to produce them.  To that end, you might like to contact Dave
>Skrivanek at Repro-tronics,  tel: 1-800-948-8453.  Dave is actually a
>member of this list.
>
>George Bell

Lisa Yayla
Huseby Kompetansesenter