[duxhelp] Re: Beta 3 is available

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:37:19 -0400

David,

For reasons that I don't understand, you seem to be hitting all of the
problems.  This particular problem suggests an incomplete download.  The
SETUP program consists of code and appended data.  When the SETUP program
reads through the appended data to the end, but still has not found all of
the files that make up a complete installation, it assumes that it has been
split to fit onto smaller media.

A successful download will get a SETUP file matching this directory listing
from my machine:

05/26/2004  03:03p          11,846,232 setup-dbt-beta20040526.exe

You may just be able to download again to get the complete file.  I suspect
that the underlying problem is with our web server; it may just be dropping
connections silently.  We'll have to look at that.  If need be, I can make
the SETUP program available to you by some other means.