[drivingpairs] tandem minis

  • From: Peter Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:42:25 -0700

"Barb Siebenhausen and I are getting ready to try two of her minis in tandem
in the near future.  Right now, Cowgirl is still learning to drive single,
but she's doing so well, Barb wants her as a wheeler with Samuel T in the
lead.  They should be a hoot!  Pray for us - we'll be doing what everyone
tells you not to do; namely, two completely inexperienced tandem drivers
eaching/driving two completely inexperienced minis.  And yes, we'll both be
scared!
Jean Stuard  Stuard Arabians (and one Morgan gelding)"

Yahoo - have fun with those little guys. I'll admit I did almost the same
thing. I took my two geldings who are 37" and 39" tall, rigged up their
single harnesses, and taught myself and them to drive tandem. It wasn't
always pretty, but it sure was fun. And if you're going to take a huge
chance like this, then you'd better be using minis. At least when things
went wrong, I could just say "Wait, boys" and they'd stop and wait for me to
sort things out. I'm working on a pair now (yes I know that should come
before a tandem), but tandem is always great fun to play with. You'll be
hooked!
Rachel
Beautiful British Columbia, where spring sprung today

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat