[drivingpairs] Re: tandem minis

  • From: PungoER@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:32:27 EDT

Jean,
I just saw your post about the rein board. I learned how to make one with 2
bits, 2 cans of corn for weights, and 2 sets of reins at the Tandem Clinic.
Just tape the cans to the bits with duct tape and run the reins over a
blanket bar(or towel bar). Sit in a chair 5-6 feet away and you can see the
bits move as you work the reins. Also, I have the Tandem book you mentioned &
I found it hard to understand. I have a better handbook from the Midwest
Tandem Driving Clinic, with clearer pictures & diagrams. I ordered it from
the author, Mary Ruth Marks, & I think it was @ $15. Call her at (608)
845-7490 to order it.
Beth in PA
Here is a photo of me long-lining tandem.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: tandem4.JPG