[drivingpairs] Re: The Flying Frenchman - hollowbacked expressionless?

  • From: "Karen Johnson" <kjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 06:03:44 -0700

there is no mechanical means of attachment to the horses in any of
the things he does. He just vaults up between them and away he goes.
How else could he do the jump over the high rope? What he uses during
the liberty part of the act is a pair of long slender sticks to touch
the horses' shoulders. There is no rope or twine round their necks or
bodies, for instance.

I beg to differ. My husband and I have reviewed this video multiple times
now. On the video clip that was emailed and started this thread there is one
sequence when he is riding two of the middle four horses and holding strings
around each of the two middle horses' necks. I am not suggesting that what
he does isn't remarkable, just commenting on your statement above.

Karen Johnson