[drivingpairs] Re: Synthetic Harness

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:14:33 -0400

I have had 3 Tedmans and 3 Zilco.   My oldest Tedman is now about 12 years
old and it has yet to have a single crack in a single strap.  I do not
treat it well.  It gets put in the front load washing machine about twice a
year whether it needs it or not, and I use oil base fly spray.  Two of mine
are Durawebs and one is a Tedex.

The Zilco's that I had did not hold up at all.  All of them cracked, one
within the first year.  In their defense,  I understand that they have
changed process some, and the ones that I have seen in the last couple
years seem to be holding up better, although they are very insistant about
not using oil base fly spray.

The only thing I have had to replace on the Tedman was the reins.  After 12
years, the rubber on the reins had worn off they didn' t have the grippy
knobs anymore. Of course the Zilco ones lasted about 18 months, so the
Tedman did pretty good......................

There are a couple used Tedman Duraweb pair harnesses listed on the English
internet sale site, which I believe is Carriagelink.com

Marjean