[drivingpairs] Synthetic Harness

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:02:32 EDT

In defense, or at least as an explanation to Zilco (and perhaps others too?),
please keep in mind, that Zilco as well as perhaps / probably (?) some of the
other harness makers too, they do have different grades of harness available.
So it's probably not fair to compare the lowest price grade of one harness
maker to the highest grade one of another. And I would assume that one probably
could expect less long lasting wear with lower priced products than with the
upper level priced grades. So when we hear of some problems with this or that
harness, perhaps it would be good to know, which grade that was. I have seen
problems with the lower priced Zilco harnesses when they first started, many
years ago, but have been very happy with my Zilco harnesses since many years,
but
do have the upper level priced George Bowman grade.  So bottom line, I think,
if you go with any of the well known brands or harness makers, and invest in
one of their better grades, you probably won't be wrong with any of them,
whether it be Zilco, Smuckers, Tedmans, Camptown Daves, or who else did I
forget?
(And do go with Stainless steel fittings!)
Hardy