[drivingpairs] Re: ADS rule changes

  • From: "Linda Cochran" <lcochran@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:22:21 -0600

I think you are misreading what is going on.  The rule you are seeing is an
old rule and has been in the Rule Book for sometime.  The changes in the
Wheelhorse concerning it state that it is a housekeeping change, ie they are
moving it to the more appropriate SECTION of the Rule Book.  It is NOT a new
rule.  Nothing is going to change with regard to what it says.  For Pleasure
Shows, organizers have the option of offering a section specifically for
Draft Breeds and appropriate classes.  The same applies to gaited horses.  I
know people who drive gaited horses and can't compete because of not having
a "trot" so, if an organizer feels there is enough to warrant a division,
they may offer one and those horses may then compete without penalty for
their lack of "trot" or whatever.  Drafts can compete in their appropriate
equipment and harness.

Please rest assured that this is not a new rule or going to change anything
as I read it.

Linda Cochran