[dokuwiki] Re: ideas for preventing caching of instructions

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:30:21 +0200

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:19:20 +0100
Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas for whether instruction caching should be
> selectively preventable and if so how it should be done.

Hmm... for now instruction caching could not be prevented because the
instructions are just the same as the wiki source only in machine
readable form. Adding non-source dependant logic to the instruction
creation process somewhat thwarts this principle but I see how it can be
useful in some cases.

> Is this something that could be indicated in the page metadata,
> perhaps  along with whether or not the rendered content is also
> cacheable?

Yes I think this would be the right place to put it. But I'm not sure
how this may interfere with metadata renderer and what other programming
logic would be needed. Do we depend on the "instructions equals source"
principle somewhere?