[dokuwiki] Re: New release and DokuWiki efficiency improvements + GeSHi output caching

  • From: "Denis Simakov" <akinoame1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:43:24 +0300

In addition to improving efficiency, using metadata is probably the
way to deal with the current incompatibility of backlinks with the
deaccent option
http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=795
(hope I haven't missed this bug being fixed -- in that case all
written below is irrelevant).

In short, if you have deaccent>0, actual page names (which are
searched for to find backlinks) can have nothing in common with the
text in the page source (where links may be in non-Latin alphabet).
Therefore backlinks are now useless if you set deaccent to anything
non-zero.

As we cannot really find out how a particular page can be referenced
to from other pages (there are too many variants with different
deaccented symbols), we need to do the other way around: store all
pages the current page refereces to (metadata), and then search this
information, right?

Denis

On 7/26/06, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[....] also
image and backlink references could probably be improved by using
metadata.