[dokuwiki] Re: New release and DokuWiki efficiency improvements + GeSHi output caching

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:06:55 -0400

Hi Chris,

If you're looking at bottlenecks, I have a couple that I would like to
know about based on my knowledge of the last stable release...

"Compress CSS and javascript files"; I am of the opinion that the
benefits probably don't outweigh the costs... is this a potential
bottleneck?

Also, is css.php returning a cached file? Does its time stamp change
each time its called, or is it considered "no-cache"? If so there
could be some serious bandwidth issues here as well as the browser
would be cacheing the file otherwise...

Or if you're certain these are ok, that's good too; this is just
something I've been wanting to investigate myself but I don't think
I'll have time before a new release...
--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)