[dokuwiki] Re: huge attic

  • From: Redeeman <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:00:28 +0100

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 00:33 +0100, Dr. Martin Meggle-Freund wrote:
> I don't agree.
>
> Working with more than one page at the same time forces users to use the
> save button several times. Otherwise there is too much risk to loose the
> control over the changes one does. This is particularly relevant when
> moving content, merging the content of pages, splitting the content of a
> page into more than one page, and similar actions.
>
> I for myself do not have any problems using the preview as long as I
> edit only a single page at the same time. As soon as I have to switch to
> the content of other pages, I prefer to use the save button.
>
> Besides: Since it will probably be hard to train people not to use the
> save button too often, I would really appreciate a feature which allows
> to shrink the attic.
>
> To have a nice list of changes is particularly important for wikis
> containing content under the GFDL. People who contribute want to be
> clearly identified. If an edit session creates more than twenty change
> logs, the list is no longer significant.

i apologize for this perhaps singleminded view, but i dont really see
the problem, i mean, preview is there, it allows you to see, without
changing, it is so easy simply to open a text editor local to do changes
in, then paste it into, and then if you need to merge several pages, you
simply have many tabs open in your browser.. IMHO dokuwiki shouldnt be
bloated away with these kinds of things, since what it has cuts it,
unless you use it "wrong"