[dokuwiki] Re: graphics in articles

  • From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:06:34 -0500

Jay Dickon Glanville wrote:
On 1/25/07, Martin Tschofen <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you looked if any of these could do the trick? ...martin

 http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:ditaa

Painful.  Trying to convince people that drawing ASCII charts is
easier then using Dia is a rather hard sell.

 http://wiki.ioslo.net/dokuwiki/graphviz

Rather out of date.

 http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:draw

I get the impression from Bob McConnell (earlier in the thread) that
this plugin is out of date and difficult to install.  Not to mention,
the screen-shots look a little immature ... ;-)

 http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:freemind

Looks like a good implementation, but probably too specific to a
single demographic.  Mind maps can be useful, but I don't think
they're generic enough to be used for things like sequence diagrams,
or interprocess diagrams, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions Martin.

What about http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:svg_support? If you use Inkscape you can output your svg files into a basic format that can then user edittable in the wiki page...

=G=