[dokuwiki] Re: google's new service "google base"

  • From: "Dr. Martin Meggle-Freund" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:24:17 +0100

I thought about uploading all the content of my wiki to google's new service "google base" as a bulk upload in rss format.

I though about this, too. But I couldn't figure out what benefit it could give. Can you explain why you want to do that?

My wiki has >800 pages and only about 70 have been indexed by google. That's why I thought about uploading the pages to google base.

- Is it possible to change the feed creator such that it provides the full content of a page instead of only the first some hundred chars of
a page?

Hmm yes I guess it could be done ;-)

O.K., the question was wrong. I just wanted the file name and the line number to save time...

Apart from that I would also be interested if somebody has already
made  a google sitemap generator for dokuwiki.

This would be a great addition to dokuwiki and should be really simple, it's in the bugtracker for a long time. Anyone want's to give it a try?

If a google site map upload really gets all my pages indexed, then I agree that there is no real benedit from google base.