[dokuwiki] Re: google's new service "google base"

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:55:08 +0100

Hi!

> I thought about uploading all the content of my wiki to google's new
> service "google base" as a bulk upload in rss format.

I though about this, too. But I couldn't figure out what benefit it
could give. Can you explain why you want to do that?

> - Is it possible to change the feed creator such that it provides the
> full content of a page instead of only the first some hundred chars of
> a  page?

Hmm yes I guess it could be done ;-)

> - Do you think a "google base" upload of all the content is reasonable
> in order to enhance accessability of a wiki's content? As I
> understood,  google base will host the content. Consequently, a google
> base upload  will result in something like "duplicating" content.

As I said I don't see the value in doing so. What is the benefit?

> see also http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/66595 (German
> language)

:-) "A solution looking for a problem" - that's what I thought.

> Apart from that I would also be interested if somebody has already
> made  a google sitemap generator for dokuwiki.

This would be a great addition to dokuwiki and should be really simple,
it's in the bugtracker for a long time. Anyone want's to give it a try?