[dokuwiki] Re: Simpler way of adding pages and name spaces.

  • From: "Dave Lawson" <dlawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:23:51 -0400

>>> I find it helpful to show how similar name spaces are to
>>> directories.
>>> Everyone I've spoken to using this approach has picked it
>>> up very easily.
>>>
>> I think they grasp the concept, It's just that the creation of new
>> pages/ name spaces isn't pointy-clicky enough.
>
> I had the same prob, so I changed the link button a little,
> you might try
> http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:namespace_toolbar_extension

I also had this problem and changed the link button a bit. My solution
was to go the "pointy-clicky" route :) I made a modification which works
somewhat like the media link button. When the user clicks the "Internal
Link" button they are presented with a popup window which lets them
select a namespace, page, optional section and description. This makes
it much easier to link to existing pages by simply browsing to them. Its
also handy for creating new page links for non-technical users that have
trouble remembering the correct syntax.

I've attached a screenshot. If anyone is interested in this, I can try
to assemble a darcs patch for it.

-Dave