[dokuwiki] Re: Simpler way of adding pages and name spaces.

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:55:32 +0200

Alex Polite writes:

Is there any other way of creating new  pages and name spaces other
than by linking to them from another page?

I'm trying to get my coworkers to actually use the dokuwiki I've set
up and the subject och adding pages  name spaces is where I loose
them.

Befor implementing one of the tip you've got already you should think about if you really want another way.

If you have some kind of new page button - what does it do? It let's your user create a page which is not linked anywhere. A not linked page is pretty much useless in a wiki (let's ignore search and index). If you want a useful Wiki you need to have it interlinked (does that word exist?) as much as possible. If your user understands this, (s)he will create a page with the new button, then add a link to it at a fitting place. So why not add a link and create the page?