[dokuwiki] Re: Simpler way of adding pages and name spaces.

  • From: Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:27:24 +0200

On 8/26/05, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Befor implementing one of the tip you've got already you should think about
> if you really want another way.
>
> If you have some kind of new page button - what does it do? It let's your
> user create a page which is not linked anywhere. A not linked page is pretty
> much useless in a wiki (let's ignore search and index).

Well, for they way we plan to use it interlinking between pages is not
that important.
We're using it as a system for collectively editing articles that will
later appear in a print publication. I chose dokuwiki because it uses
flat files without diffs as it's back end. That way it's easy to
convert to xml, which Adobe Indesign can link dynamically to. I edit
something on the wiki and it propagates to Indesign.

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source