[dokuwiki] Re: Sad Smiley

  • From: Hans Sampiemon <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:34:30 +0200

Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
I think that was done correctly (not yet tested). Smiley is a thing,
that should come apart from the rest of the text. For example, I had a
problem with simple text:
08-Oct-08
which was turned into
0(smiley)ct-08

I agree this is a good example where you don't want the smiley system to
interfere with the text.

And the engine should take this case into account. The only workaround
was %%08-Oct-08%%, which is ugly. Well, in your case you want the
smilies to be embedded into text. What can I say... Give your ideas,
what should be the rule to catch both rabbits.

Your example shows that a parameter to use the legacy smiley system will
not work in the end. Changing the way the configuration files work won't
  have many fans either. So I suppose the only route left to me is
writing a plug-in for my needs.

I've discussed this issue somewhere in forum... but I cannot locate it
now... Strange.

I couldn't locate it either, hence I was unpleasantly surprised the new
version worked the way it did.