[dokuwiki] Sad Smiley

  • From: Hans Sampiemon <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:30:43 +0100

hi all,

After installing the latest version of DokuWiki (2009-02-14), I noticed
the handling of smileys has changed. Apparently smileys now are only
handled as such if not preceeded or followed by a word or number.

Perhaps we misused the smiley system on my company's intranet, but I implemented it as follows:
{tel}123 shows a telephone icon followed by the telephone number 123.

Whereas in this case I could solve it by changing the 100+ pages where
this is used to put a space between the smiley and the number, I have no
solution for the way I (mis)used the smileys at home:

http://sampiemon.xs4all.nl/wiki/doku.php?id=biedsysteem:pieter:opening:2k

(This the description of my bridge system - in dutch)

I have found this the simplest way to use colored card symbols and it
exports beautifully to ODT. I have taken care to use character
combinations for the smileys that would be illogical in any other use,
so for me the word/number check is superfluous.

Does anyone else have problems with this new check?

As a quick solution I patched back the dokuwiki source, but I hope a good alternative can be implemented in the dokuwiki core. It could be one of the
following:

-Only do the check of smileys.conf and not on smileys.local.conf
-Have a parameter decide whether to use the old check or the new check
-Have a parameter decide which characters to accept around the smiley
in the form of a regular expression
-Add the regular expression to the smileys in smileys.conf

Does it *have* to be changed inside dokuwiki's core or is it possible to put the old functionality in a plug-in?

Hans