[dokuwiki] Re: Attachment (Media File) History

  • From: Dmitry Katsubo <dma_k@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:03:43 +0100

> Well, to tell you the truth: Old versions just aren't saved. There
> exists a feature request for this in the bugtracker since some time, but
> afaik nobody has yet been working on it. I've added that media log
> before the release, but it is nothing more than a log and most useful
> for clients using the XML-RPC interface to fetch media data and who want
> to know if anything and if yes which files have changed (and need to be
> refreshed).

Hi Michael!

I completely agree with you: for wiki there is no need to store all
versions of media files. It consumes space, as they do not change often,
one can organize incremental backup of wiki data and restore it later
from backup.

But as you have a log... why not to display it? Just have an opportunity
to see all actions on a given resource as a list/table
([Added|Removed|Replaced] by [User] on [Date])? Only the log, no
"rollback to previous version" facility.

Thanks!