[dokuwiki] Re: Sad Smiley

  • From: Dmitry Katsubo <dma_k@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:11:50 +0200

Hans Sampiemon wrote on 25.03.2009 09:30:
> After installing the latest version of DokuWiki (2009-02-14), I noticed
> the handling of smileys has changed. Apparently smileys now are only
> handled as such if not preceeded or followed by a word or number.

Hi Hans!

I think that was done correctly (not yet tested). Smiley is a thing,
that should come apart from the rest of the text. For example, I had a
problem with simple text:

08-Oct-08

which was turned into

0(smiley)ct-08

And the engine should take this case into account. The only workaround
was %%08-Oct-08%%, which is ugly. Well, in your case you want the
smilies to be embedded into text. What can I say... Give your ideas,
what should be the rule to catch both rabbits.

I my case (the content is important) I would say "I would like to have
smiles disabled rather than break a contents", in your case the pretty
format is more important.

I've discussed this issue somewhere in forum... but I cannot locate it
now... Strange.

Stay well,

Dmitry