[dokuwiki] Re: CAS authentication in Dokuwiki

  • From: Marina Zelwer <marina.zelwer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:48:17 +0200

Andreas Gohr a écrit :

I haven't looked at your code,

I just added a special login possibility, just as it is done for special logoff method.

but couldn't this be handled by the
login_redirector plugin?

Not really, because the redirection is not done manually but by calling a function called phpcas::forceAuthentication().

Can you just have a look at the modified basic_auth class and action.php files ? If these modifications were added to the core dokuwiki code it would be easier for us to update dokuwiki, and CAS authentication would'nt need a special patch.

By the way, these modifications are not CAS specific and could be used by any other authentication method. For example it could be used to display a message on top of dokuwiki login form (message stored in the conf file), like "Click here to manage your password".

I don't like to add auth modules which can't be maintained because
none of the core developers has the needed infrastructure.

I'm working in a french university and we should be able to give you a test account to access our CAS server if you wish.

 But you
could add it in the auth namespace. Just create
http://www.dokuwiki.org/auth:cas

I'll do that.

Thanks for your answer,
Marina