[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin Manager

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:23:59 +0100

On 04 November at 15:42, Chris Smith wrote:

> Hi,

  hi,

> - Have you been using the plugin manager?

  I have $conf['pluginmanager'] = 1 in the dozen of dokuwikis I have
  installed and operate.

> - If so, have there been any problems, do you have any feedback on
> things that could do with changing/improving/fixing?

  On the plugin manager front, no. But of course it would be nice to
  have more plugins available as zip/tgz installable by the plugin
  manager.

> - Plugin Settings: Is it to appropriate to add ability to change a
> plugin's settings from the plugin manager and should that capability be
> added?

  I don't know, as I don't have lib/plugins/config or
  lib/plugins/settings using the plugin included with dokuwiki (last
  pulled on tuesday), which says being version from 2005-08-10.

> - Installing templates is essentially the same as installing a plugin,
> is it worth extending the plugin manager to handle templates as well?

  Same note as for plugins: if more templates become available in an
  installable form for the plugin manager, this would be welcome.

> - Two plugins are bundled with Dokuwiki, the plugin manager & info
> plugin.  The plugin manager can remove these two plugins.  Should the
> delete option be disabled for bundled plugins?

  IMHO plugins bundled with dokuwiki should not be removed from the
  plugins/ directory, only inactivated.

> PS. If anyone has any feedback on the user manager plugin and the config
> plugin I'd like to hear that too.  The last in the set, the housekeeper,
> to handle page/namespace movement, attic pruning, changleog reducing,
> cache purging,  wiki archiving and others tasks should not be too far away.

  I discovered user manager plugin recently. I was rather modifying
  the users and acl files by hand. Maybe this plugin could be bundled
  with dokuwiki: handling plugins/templates installations, users
  editions and ACL settings seems to me a common task in all dokuwiki
  installations.

  BTW, thanks Chris, for writing these plugins.

  PS: does anyone know if a working "calendar plugin" (display a month
  calendar with associated event recorded) is available?

  gb