[dokuwiki] Plugin Manager

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:42:21 +0000

Hi,

Back before the September release, it was decided to include the plugin manager but leave it disabled by default with a view to changing the default setting to enabled for a future (next) release.

Since then I have seen very little feedback on the plugin manager and no serious bug reports.

Part of my initial idea for the plugin manager included an ability to edit any settings exposed by the plugin. At the time I couldn't come up with a mechanism to handle settings, so the settings button was first disabled, then hidden from view in Sep 22 release. I now think I have a reasonable mechanism for handling plugin settings (see the config plugin - http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:config).

My questions are...

- Have you been using the plugin manager?

- If so, have there been any problems, do you have any feedback on things that could do with changing/improving/fixing?

- Plugin Settings: Is it to appropriate to add ability to change a plugin's settings from the plugin manager and should that capability be added?
(Alternatively, I can publish an extended plugin manager that isn't bundled with the main release or I can work the plugin settings handling into the config plugin).

- Installing templates is essentially the same as installing a plugin, is it worth extending the plugin manager to handle templates as well?

- Two plugins are bundled with Dokuwiki, the plugin manager & info plugin. The plugin manager can remove these two plugins. Should the delete option be disabled for bundled plugins?

Cheers,

Chris

PS. If anyone has any feedback on the user manager plugin and the config plugin I'd like to hear that too. The last in the set, the housekeeper, to handle page/namespace movement, attic pruning, changleog reducing, cache purging, wiki archiving and others tasks should not be too far away.