[dokuwiki] Re: Guestbook

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:17:57 -0400

I am looking for a kind of guestbook for my wiki-page. It will be used for
feature-requests. The normal user is not allowed to edit the pages.

A very easy solution for this is something I do in my template.

Here's an example:
http://tatewake.com/wiki/wiki:talk:projects:monobook_for_dokuwiki

No plugin required, and the concept works with any template, not just mine:

 * Create a namespace called "wiki:talk"
 * Set the "wiki:talk" namespace to only read and edit by all users.
 * Then manually create the discussion page yourself; take the page
name and prepend "wiki:talk:"(or "wiki/talk/") to the beginning of it.

This works, and solves the problem of people making random pages in
the discussion namespace, as they'll only be able to edit the
discussion pages you manually create. Then you can "subscribe changes"
if you wish to get updates anytime someone edits it.

Afterwards, you'll also want to manually link the discussion page to
the article page and probably vice versa.

Also, you can use "talk" instead of "wiki:talk" if you wish, the
location of the namespace doesn't matter.

Good luck,
--
--Terence J. Grant(tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx)