[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Installer

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:34:45 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:

- its english and doesn't make any concessions for
internationalisation.

I think we should change this. I'll do it - so don't worry. What I
like to add is some requirement checking, eg. testing if all the needed
functions are available.
I guess it should really latch on to DokuWiki and move all the non-form html out into wiki text and language strings. To do that it needs a way of hooking into init.php without triggering "nice_die()". Also, I did contemplate moving most of the installation stuff to an action plugin and having install.php set certain defines to ensure the installation plugin could take control - sort of a "doku.php?do=install"

Cheers,

Chris