[dokuwiki] Re: AW: Minor edits pros+cons summary

  • From: Redeeman <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:43:33 +0200

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 09:32 -0600, Daniel Mitchell wrote:
>  I like the idea of having a full RSS feed which contains everything,
> for people monitoring for spam/etc and a "major changes only" feed for
> people who want to know about important changes but don't care about
> small changes. That way anyone who wants to keep their subscribers up to
> date can do so, but people who just want to produce internal
> documentation don't have to worry about it.
>
> > So my question is: why not simply add an 'Publish via RSS'
> > button to a page that either defaults to yes or no + the
> > option to write a summary.
>
>  Isn't this the same as making the checkbox a "major edit" checkbox?
> That way edits default to being minor, but people who care about
> describing the changes can put in a more detailed description of the
> edit they just did.
>
>  Heck, do we even need that button at all? If we have multiple feeds,
> then everything could stay exactly as it is at the page level (summary
> box lights up when you make a change, but is optional) and an extra RSS
> feed is added for "only show changes with summaries".
i believe so. basically all other wiki's has it, they have obviously
decided it is the best way to solve this problem, and i am enclined to
agree. having a minor edit box for changes which doesent affect the
actual content, and therefore doesent show up on the rss feed normal
people subscribe to is the way to go. then one can pass another option
to the rss feed generator to allow it to show minor edits too.