[dokuwiki] Re: AW: Minor edits pros+cons summary

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:10:01 -0500 (CDT)

Just to clarify, Andi has already selected the following baseline solution:

- There is a checkbox likely labelled "minor edit"
- Summaries are optional even in major edits
- Neither the feed nor page subscriptions output minor edits

It wouldn't be hard to subsequently add a $conf['requiresums'] or a
$conf['rss_alledits'], whether or not it goes into DokuWiki proper.  I suspect
'requiresums' is only useful on wikis that aren't open to the public.

As Andi has requested, if you want to further influence this baseline solution,
you'll need to tell us what specific other wikis are already doing.  We can
argue our brains to mush, but it's real-world experience that matters in the
end.

I'd like to add that if you have a **radical** idea not already suggested, you
can post the idea to this thread, just in case there's a creative solution that
other wikis haven't thought of.  (Auto-detection was radical, for example.)
But if you're just providing more arguments for or against ideas already on the
table, we've already learned that everything on the table (including
checkboxes) is controversial and discussing them doesn't get us anywhere.

~joe